Stir-fried Shiitake Mushrooms With Fish Paste
Finally nearing the end of my non-heaty week. On the heatiness scale, this is quite a mild dish, and a nice, savory one to go with plain, steamed rice. I’m not a big fan of spring onion, but as you can see, this perks the dish up quite a bit, colorwise!:)
1 small carrot, sliced thinly
Spring onions, cut into 2″ pieces
Bobo fish paste
A few ginger slices
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp concentrated chicken stock
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp Hua Tiao wine
1) scoop out slices of fish paste and scald them in boiling water. Add some pepper to season.
2) stir-fry ginger and garlic till fragrant
3) add in all vegetables and stir-fry for a minute
4) add in fish paste slices with water and stir-fry till cooked
5) add in seasonings and stir-fry till eveything comes to a boil.
6) simmer and serve hot.