2 Dishes: Mapo Tofu and Mutton-Radish Soup
Yesterday’s dinner comprised the popular Chinese dish, Ma-po Tofu and a not so popular Mutton with Radish Soup. So I won’t be posting too many pictures- popular dishes are easily found on the web, and not-so-popular dishes are… not so popular. Hehe okok, that’s not the main reason. The main reason was that I was rushing out to buy birthday party items for little B and forgot to take the pics!
Anyway, they both tasted great with steamed rice. To me, at least!:P
Marinade for Ground Pork:
1 tablespoon chicken marinade
500gram minced pork
1 box silken tofu
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp fermented spicy black bean paste
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1) Mix marinade ingredients. Marinate pork for about 20 minutes.
2) Cut the tofu (bean curd) into 1/2 inch (1 cm) square cubes
3) Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, add the garlic, spicy bean paste, then the marinated pork.
4) Stir-fry pork until half done.
5) Add the tofu and water. Stir gently to blend all ingredients well.
6) Lower the heat and cook for 3 – 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve hot.
Mutton with Radish soup
400g Mutton cubes
1 radish, skinned and cubed
2 knobs of ginger, sliced thickly
1 tsp chopped spring onions
1 tsp fried sallots
Salt to season
1) Boil mutton, radish and ginger till mutton is soft. (3-4hrs)
2) season with salt and garnish with chopped spring onions and fried shallots.