French Beans with Dried Shrimp Floss
This is a savoury dish with lots of crunch and it goes well with steamed rice, or in my case last night, Hainanese Chicken Rice.
French beans, sliced thinly and diagonally
Dried shrimp, pounded/blended into a floss
1 tsp concentrated mushroom stock
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp chicken broth
1) Heat oil and fry the shrimp floss. It will get foamy and aromatic. When the foam somewhat dissipates, squeeze out the oil with the back of the ladle.
2) Scoop up the floss onto kitchen servette to soak up the excess oil. Set aside.
3) Fry the garlic and ginger till fragrant.
4) Add in the beans and stir-fry till half cooked.
5) Add in the seasoning and toss till fully cooked and the liquid mostly evaporates.
6) Sprinkle the crispy shrimp floss on top. Serve with rice.