Stewed Chicken Wings with Potato and Bamboo Shoots
This is a favorite of mine. Especially when the chicken has absorbed all the flavors and fragrances of soya sauce and rice wine.
3 potatoes, cubed
1 1/2 bamboo shoots, sliced
1 onion, sliced thinly
12 Chicken mid-wings (marinated overnight)
2 tbsp Hua Diao Wine
2 tbsp Soya Sauce/ Chicken Marinade
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp chicken braising sauce
This is the brand I use:
B says bamboo shoots look like giant insect abdomens and doesn’t like them.
I kind of agree about the looks, but well, everything will look like potatoes once chopped up, right? These add a nice crunch to the dish.:)
1) stir-fry onions, ginger slices and chopped garlic till fragrant
2) add in chicken wings and stir fry till they turn brown
3) add in potatoes, followed by bamboo shoots and add the remaining marinade
4) add 3 rice bowls of water, more or less depending on whether you like a thick or thinner gravy.
5) add in 2 tbsp of chicken braising sauce and bring to a brisk boil. Simmer for an hour on low heat.
6) serve with steamed rice.