Wong Bok with Crispy Shrimp Floss
I had quite a bit of Wong Bok (chinese cabbage) and herbal chicken soup in the fridge. Might as well combine those two to cook this savoury dish!
1/2 Wong Bok, sliced thickly
3 tbsp dried shrimp, pounded/ blended to shrimp floss
500ml herbal chicken soup stock
1 tbsp fried shallot
1 tsp concentrated scallop stock
1 tsp sugar
1) heat oil and fry shrimp floss till it gets fragrant and foamy. Set aside.
2) add ginger and garlic to the remaining shrimp oil. Fry till fragrant.
3) add Wong Bok and seasonings and stir fry till the vegetable becomes translucent.
4) add in herbal chicken stock and bring to a brisk boil. Simmer and cook till the Wong Bok is soft and has absorbed the flavors of the soup.
5) scoop onto dish and sprinkle on crispy shrimp, followed by fried shallots.