Steamed egg with Luncheon Meat and Porridge
Simple meal but satisfying.:)
Steamed Egg with Luncheon Meat
4 ‘eggs’ of water (or 8 half-shells of water)
1/2 can luncheon meat, smashed with the back of a fork
1 tsp concentrated chicken stock (optional, depending on how salty your luncheon meat is)
1) mix all ingredients together. Cover the steaming with cling wrap and steam for 15-20min till the egg is firm but still wobbly.
2) garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander.
200g deboned cod/ other white fish
1 1/2 cups sushi rice
Fried shallot with oil
Chopped spring onions
1) boil the rice and a small knob of ginger in a non-stick rice cooker for 3hours, adding water and stirring till your porridge is of your preferred consistency.
2) add the fish 1/2hr before serving.
3) garnish with fried shallots, ginger slivers and a sprinkle of chopped spring onion.
4) serve withyour accompanying dish(es).