Buttered Scallops and Clams with Brocolli
Scallops are my favorite shellfish especially the extra large ones:) I use scallops a lot, especially the dried ones for soups, scallop stock for seasoning, the XXL plump and juicy ones as main dishes and the medium plump and juicy ones for stir-fry. Like this dish:
8-10 medium scallops, halved if you like, so more can go around…
Broccoli, cleaned and cut
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp concentrated scallop sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 cup water
1/2 tsp corn starch
1) heat butter in the wok. Stif fry the scallops and clams till slightly browned. Set aside
2) add in garlic and ginger. Fry till fragrant.
3) add in brocolli and seasonings. Stir-fry till cooked.
4) Place on serving dish. Arrange scallops and clams on top.
5) add in water and corn starch to remaining seasonings. Drop in an egg and stir briefly till you get egg flowers.
6) pour egg and sauce over the scallops, clams and brocolli.
7) sprinkle on fried shallots and serve hot.