Prima Taste Chilli Prawns
This has made its way into my list of favorite insincere foods. It’s meant for days when you’ve got no time to cook prawn sambal from scratch but still have a craving for it…
Prima Taste Chilli Prawn Paste and Premix
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tomato, diced
1-2 chilli padi (optional)
1 large egg
400g shelled prawns
1) heat oil in wok. Stir fry prawns and set aside when half-cooked.
2) add in onions and garlic and stir fry till fragant.
3) add in prawns. Stir-fry for a minute.
4) add in chilli prawn paste. Stir-fry till fagrant. Add a little water and bring to a boil.
5) mix the premix with some water and add in. The gravy will thicken.
6) when everything is briskly boiling, drop in a lightly beaten egg. Stir a little for a few seconds to allow the egg to flower. Add in a few slices of chilli padi if you prefer a spicier version.
7) scoop up and serve hot with rice.
I was out of coriander leaves so this lacks a little color.
Okok… Something more natural-looking… Heehee…