Flu and the Liebster Award
I was down with the flu four weeks ago and visited the doctor twice. (And the inertia to blog again set in…) I haven’t really fallen sick for a few years and I was kinda proud of my no-sick record. So this was kinda frustrating, haha… but well, I had something to cheer me up:
I received a blog award nomination from Jolene!
Thank you Jolene:) Go check out her blog. Her enthusiasm is contagious!:)
I had no idea what a Liebster award was till then.
These are the steps to follow:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
11 Random Facts:
1) hmm okay… I am extra ordinary; droplet in the sea or tittle on the page, like that.
2) I like Chilli Crab.
3) Gray skies and rainy days make me happy.
4) I can only keep big pets.
5) I once hatched a tiny fish from a sachet of eggs. He was called Lazarus; but still, he died.
6) When I was little, we kept hamsters but they either
a) jumped off the balcony,
b) dropped into the sewage,
c) fractured a foot on the cage door, or
d) ate their babies :((
7) I like most food except tri-colored veggies. You know, the carrots-peas-corn combination.
8) I used to live in the sky. On the 24th floor.
9) I don’t like receiving flowers cos I don’t like having to throw away my gifts.
10) I would like to learn how to sew.
11) I finally passed my driving test after five tries…
1. If you had to choose between one of the following and give up the others, forever, what would you choose? Chocolate, chips, wine, or ice cream?
2. What sports did you play as a kid? Were you any good?
Badminton. I was quite bad.
3. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
Into the future for a sneak peek!
4. What’s your favourite blog to read?
Definitely my family blog; it has all my favorite people in the world!
5. Do you have kids or want to have kids someday? Did your mind change drastically about this topic at some point?
Yes I have a darling girl. I always preferred animal to human babies until I had her.
6. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
The bible, especially the book of Jonah. I think it’s the funniest book in the bible and especially written for escapists and procrastinators like me.
7. What crafty skill do you wish you had or do you wish you were better at?
8. Where would you live if you knew you had a job there?
Singapore. No place like home.
9. Are you a dog or cat person?
10. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
Once, while travelling on a bus, I fell asleep on someone’s shoulder. When I awoke, I noticed drool stains on her sleeve. She smiled at me kindly, so I guess she hadn’t noticed. In my hurry to leave the bus, I knocked down an old man’s glasses and it cracked. He cursed me quite loudly. I felt so bad.
11. Where do you see yourself in five years in a sentence?
Joining all the kiasu Singaporean parents to queue up for my little girl’s Primary One Registration.
Now’s MY turn to ask the questions! Haha!
1) What was YOUR most embarrassing moment?
2) What is one vivid dream you recall? Do you think it had any special significance?
3) If you could eat one last meal before you die, what would it be?
4) what is one book you enjoyed and would recommend?
5) what is one irrational fear you have?
6) what is one treasured childhood memory?
7) what is one sight/ sound /smell that makes you feel nostalgic? Why?
8) what is one commonly misunderstood aspect about yourself?
9) what is one thing you’d like to try but have never dared to do?
10) what is one principle that you hold fast to?
11) how has blogging changed your life?
Okay, hope you have fun answering them! Let me know if you have, cos I would definitely love to read your answers!:)
These are the chosen ones (okay, I know some already have more than 200 followers) but I think their blog deserves even more recognition! So just drop by their sites for a visit!:)
Barbara @ http://justanothermanicmommy.com
senselessandwed @ http://senselessandwed.com
Tomwasinger @ http://tomwasinger.com
The best recipes @ http://bestrecipesblog.wordpress.com
Joshmosey @ http://joshmosey.wordpress.com