Steamed Stuffed Mushrooms and Tofu Puffs
Recently, the weather has been crazy; swinging from scorching temperatures of 36deg C to sudden heavy rains. My neighboring area had a recent Dengue outbreak and several preschools were closed due to cases of HFMD. It’s really easy to fall sick in such weather… Guess I have to put aside all the heaty foods like curries and fried chicken for now and go for Healthy.
Most of the time, when I think of steamed food, I think of bland, unappetising and colorless meals. But after trying out some recipes, I find that steamed food can be very delicious too!
12 mini tofu puffs
12 small dried mushrooms
200g minced pork
200g fish paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp potato starch
1 cup mushroom stock/ water
1) wash and soak the dried mushrooms in hot water till they soften. You can add a sprinkle of chicken powder to marinate them.
2) mix the minced meat and fish paste together with the marinade.
3) stuff the mixture into the tofu puffs and mushrooms.
4) dust the bottom of the puffs and mushrooms with some potato starch and arrange them on a plate.
5) Steam for 20 minutes. I love my steamer as I can cook three dishes simultaneously!
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
6) Bring the sauce to a boil and pour it over the tofu puffs and mushrooms. Sprinkle on chopped spring onions and fried shallots.
I especially enjoyed the mushrooms!:)””