Fried Rice with Char Siew, shrimp and scallops
(…and many more ingredients that would make the title too lengthy…)
I’ve been wondering what makes the fried rice at some restaurants smell so fragrant? Maybe the secret lies in the type of oil used, or the seasonings? I really have no idea…
3 cups of rice (cooked and kept aside in the fridge for two days)
100g char siew, diced finely
150g shrimp, deshelled and diced
150g scallops, diced
50g crabsticks, diced
150g long beans, chopped
50g iceberg lettuce, julliened
50g spring onions, chopped
3 eggs, beaten with a dash of pepper and concentrated chicken stock
2 tbsp soy sauce/ fish sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1) stir fry the ingredients separately and set aside.
2) heat up oil and fry garlic till fragrant. Add in rice and toss to further separate the grains.
3) add in the ingredients (except for eggs and lettuce) and and seasonings and toss till thoroughly mixed.
4) create a depression in the middle and pour in egg mixture. Fold in the rice and ingredients to coat with egg. Toss till thoroughly mixed and cooked.
5) Garnish with lettuce and serve with pickled green chillies or chilli padi!