Chicken Mushroom Claypot Rice with Salted fish and Chinese Sausage
B and I went for Claypot Cooking classes many years ago. Though I have lost the original recipe for this one, this comes quite close!
3 cups half-cooked rice
chicken chunks, marinated (and deboned, if you prefer)
2 chinese sausages, sliced
1 piece salted fish, diced finely
4-5 slices ginger
Chopped spring onions
Dark soya sauce
2 tbsp Ginger juice
1 tbsp chicken marinade
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp hua tiao wine
ground white pepper
Marinate chicken at least two hours before cooking.
Wash and soak dried mushrooms in hot water. I used the mushroom ‘stock’ from this to cook the rice
1) half- cook the rice. Set aside.
2) heat oil in claypot and fry the ginger, mushrooms and chinese sausages till fragrant. Set aside.
3) fry salted fish till fragrant. Set aside.
4) fry the chicken till half-cooked. Set aside.
5) add in the rice. Top it with the stir-fried ingredients, followed by some chye sim(in my case, lots!!)
6) cover claypot and cook till all ingredients are fully cooked.
7) turn off the fire and drizzle on some dark soya sauce and garnish with spring onions. Cover for 5 mins before serving hot!
Uncover and smell the heavenly goodness…
Mmmm… Absolutely delightful with some chopped chilli padi;)~~