This is a foolproof dish you can whip up in half an hour! (Maybe slightly more, if you like your potatoes super soft, like me!)
4 potatoes, cubed
1 onion, cubed
1 can of button mushrooms, halved
400g deboned chicken, diced (I prefer to use the thigh, with a little skin on)
2 tbsp butter
It’s indicated that the curry is ‘HOT’ but it really isn’t, not to most people, at least…
1) heat up butter in non-stick pot. Fry the potatoes till they brown at the edges.
2) Add in onions and fry till they turn translucent.
3) Add in chicken and fry till they brown at the edges
4) add in mushrooms, followed by the Japanese curry paste and mix evenly
5) add in 2 cups of water; more if you prefer it less salty.
6) let everything boil and simmer till the meat is tender.
7) Serve hot with white rice!
There you have it! Japanese curry with fragrant rice!