Stir-fried Bittergourd with Salted Egg
I love salted egg yolk! It not only tastes good alone but makes almost everything you cook it with taste good; dumplings, prawns, crab, even bittergourd… If not because it’s unhealthy, I would eat salted egg yolk every day!:)~~
Here are the ingredients for this savoury dish:
Half a bittergourd, sliced thinly
Three salted egg yolks, smashed with a fork (if your bittergourd is small, just add two yolks)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 chilli padi (optional)
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp Concentrated Chicken stock
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup water
If you want to remove the bitterness in your bittergourd, rub in salt and leave it in for half an hour. You’ll get bittergourd juice oozing out of your gourd.
Squeeze it away and rinse your bittergourd under running water. Drain and set aside.
1) heat butter in the wok.
2) add in curry leaves and stir-fry till fragrant.
3) add in salted yolks and garlic and stir- fry till fragrant.
4) add in bittergourd and stir- fry for a minute.
5) add in beaten egg and stir- fry for another minute, or till the bittergourd is evenly coated with egg.
6) add in seasoning and stir- fry till cooked.
7) garnish with chilli padi and serve hot with white rice!