Little Brown Hedgehogs and Bunnies
After the Steamed Little White Bunnies were so well-received by Little B, I was spurred on to try out little brown bunnies and hedgehogs. They need a few more steps and ingredients, but are otherwise just as simple to make(with a breadmaker;))
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
2 1/3 cups bread flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp active dry yeast
1 large egg
4 tsp water
For fillings(your choice, actually)
2 slices cheese
1) make the dough
2) divide into 12 equal portions
2) Dice your filling ingredients.
4) roll the dough into balls and flatten them. Add filling ingredients.
5) bring the outer edges together to seal the bun.
6) cut out ears for bunnies and spikes for hedgehogs with a pair of scissors.
7) cover with cloth or clingwrap and allow them to rise for 40- 45 minutes in a warm place. prepare a tray with baking paper.
8) with some food coloring, dot in eyes and noses.
9) apply some egg glaze.
10) pop them into a pre-heated oven for 10-15 min at 180 deg cel.
Okay done! Whoch do you prefer? Bunnies…
They make the perfect snack for little fingers and make your kitchen smell heavenly.. Enjoy!:)