Purple cauliflowers, anyone?
Apparently, purple cauliflowers are a common sight in Australia. But this is the first time I’ve ever seen one! I had to get one to try.
Pardon me for my ignorance, but it was so pretty I had to take many shots before cutting it up for dinner.
Isn’t that little leaf gorgeous?
Pity I had to throw away those.
Stir-Fried Purple Cauliflower with Marinated Chicken Slices
Chicken slices (marinated 1 hr before)
1 tsp chopped garlic
Spring onion (optional)
2 tbsp Chicken marinade
1 tbsp Hua Tiao wine
1 tbsp corn flour
Dash of pepper
1 tbsp Chicken stock
1 tsp sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp potato starch
1) cut up ingredients into bite-sized pieces
2) heat up wok with oil and stir-fry garlic till fragrant
3) add in marinated chicken and fry for a minute.
4) add in cauliflower and stir-fry for another minute.
5) add in seasoning and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer till the cauliflower reaches your desired tenderness.
6) garnish with spring onions and serve hot with rice.
Tastes as delicious as the white variety.:)